Friday, December 23, 2011

Did you miss me?

I came across this blog I started and realized I haven't posted since last February! Wowzers!
Lets see Whats happened in the last year? Well Our 2 girls are a year older, smarter, bigger and much more opinionated than ever.
Giada has developed into this strong, sweet, nurturing, funny little girl. She is confident and well mannered. She is usually calm, well calm for a 2 year old. She enjoys playing by her self quietly and taking care of her many many babies. On the other side of that Keiani really is her best friend and they play alot together. They can become quiet noisy and crazy. Giadas has this unique way about her. Its a look she gives you that lets you know she knows exactly whats going on. One day out of the blue we were counting and she finished up and counted all the way to 15 after not previously counting at all. Same with her ABC's and shapes. She just blurts it out like shes always known these things. Usually leaves me slightly shocked but We've almost come to expect it with her and look forward to being surprised by her.
Keiani Grew alot physically and emotionally this last year. She has sprouted up and is one of the tallest kids in her class. Oh that's right She started Pre-k this year! She goes to School Mon, Wed, and Fridays from 9:30-12 and loves it. She enjoys socializing with her classmates and even has a crush on a classmate. I asked her the other day about her "crush" questions like do you play together? why do you like him? I found it funny that she doesn't actually play with this little boy just admires him from afar mostly for his brown curly hair. Its interesting to me how reserved and almost shy she is at school when she is so outgoing and loud at home. Once we walk into school she gets quiet and a tad clingy. I hope by the end of the year she feels comfortable enough to be her self a bit more.
Keiani has really changed from the toddler we knew this time last year. She is really helpful around the house and has started doing chores. of course those chores usually consist of helping clean up her own mess! She is still her same smart self though! she is easy to catch on and is doing so well with letter recognition and is even starting to piece together letters and form words, sounding out each one as she goes. I cant wait till the day she begins reading me bed time stories.
As for mommy and daddy well we are busy as usual. I started working part time, just 2 days a week. Its good and bad. I enjoy being out of the house and speaking to other adults but I miss the kids and my job can be a pain at times. When I'm home I'm usually always busy, cleaning, cooking, crocheting, or playing with the kids. Ive been having a hard time sleeping lately and have ideas to remedy it but not sure if I want to.
As for Andrew he has gone through the most. Although almost done with school it still tends to eat up most of his at home time which has become less and less since he switched jobs. He recently changed positions and stores and has been working over night for most of December. its been hard on him adjusting to a new inconsistent schedule. in addition to that he is still working part time at Olympic place and has been picking up extra hours there since the recent departure of his assistant. Its been hectic to say the least.
There's usually so much I want to blog about mostly just to vent :) So I'm going to try and keep up on it. We shall see.

No comments: